Monday, September 21, 2009

Vegan Brunch

Week 4 is of course, Vegan Brunch.In the past I've made the Bakery-Style Berry Muffins with wild blueberries.  They were incredibly delicious.  Curried Cauliflower Frittata is another recipe I've enjoyed before.

The time I tried  Tofu Omelets with Burnt Broccoli filling.  This is so creative because Isa uses black sea salt to imitate the taste of egg.  Previous attempts at vegan omelets were good, but didn't remind me of the original version at all.  These won't fool your friends, but are pretty close and definitely are reminiscent of the omelets I used to eat for breakfast as a vegetarian.

Behold, the omelet!  I added some Daiya cheddar to the filling.



Below is a photo of the blueberry muffins from awhile back which never made it onto my regular blog.  Apple sauce was subbed in place of half the oil, and they still came out wonderfully.

I actually hiked up a local mountain to pick the wild blueberries for this recipe.

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment