Monday, November 2, 2009

1,000 Vegan Recipes

I've been leafing through this monstrous hardcover book, 1,000 Vegan Recipes, trying to figure out what  to make first.  It ended being more of an issue of which ingredients needed to be used sooner.  My fridge is filled with eggplant from the last CSA share.

Eggplant paprikash was the solution.  A required ingredient is sour cream which is also in the book.  Two recipes for the price of one.



The sour cream was tangy and simple to make.  Just toss a bunch of ingredients in the blender and voila!   Paprikash was a bit more involved, but the end product was good.

Unfortunately, try as I might, I'm just not an eggplant fan.  No eggplant dish has managed to wow me.  Any suggestions from the readers out there?

Upcoming: Vegan Soul Kitchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment