Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vegan Table: Part 2

This is just a quick post, courtesy of my lunch break at the office.

Next up was Peach and Pecan Muffins, due to a farmer's market purchase of peaches last week. After I started mixing, I noticed the lack of brown sugar in the house. Raw turbinado with molasses was substituted. Because none of the stores nearby had plain or vanilla soy yogurt, raspberry yogurt was another change to the recipe. Regardless of all my changes, these muffins were good and my co-workers enjoyed them!


Last night I also wanted to use up the greens from my CSA share this week, so I made up a batch of the Greens with Sesame Miso Dressing. This was surprisingly simple and with a great mix of flavors (mirin, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, lemon juice, miso, and soy sauce). In the picture is some red russian kale. Later, I added some lightly steamed mizuna as there was still plenty of dressing left over. The purple/green kale isn't particularly photogenic, but I assure you this is a tasty dish!

Week 1 from The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm - I like the idea of raspberry soy yogurt with peach muffins - they look great!

    ReplyDelete