Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Veganomicon

Vcon makes an appearance here today.

Pistachio Rose Water Cupcakes are one of my absolute favorite recipes from Isa's cupcake book. Of course when Veganomicon arrived, the first thing that caught my eye was the Pistachio Rose Water Cookies. Unfortunately, I never actually got around to baking them.

So last night, I made a batch and here they are:

To be honest, these were a bit of a disappointment. The cupcakes have a lighter flavor that just seems to round out better. These aren't bad, but they are a little overpowering. Maybe it is because I used freshly ground cardamom from my mortar and pestle. These are likely destined for ice cream sandwiches or something else that can mellow them out.

A few weeks back, I made the Seitanic Red and White Bean Jambalaya from Vcon and it totally rocks. Though that recipe won't satisfy your sweet tooth, it is one that I highly recommend.

Week 2 from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook

3 comments:

  1. Yours look better than the ones I made once. I much prefer the cupcakes, too. Though, everything else I've made from Veganomicon has been good. I forget which they're from but I made the pumpkin oatmeal cookies the other day and they were a HUGE hit at the party. Mmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried that recipe. Too bad they didn't come out as well as you expected. They still look good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing the cupcakes and cookies for a while, but I can't get my act together and get what I need. I guess if I get around to it I'll have to go with the cupcakes. (Though I can't imagine being too upset about ice cream sandwiches...)

    ReplyDelete